Postie command
Dani-in-google
2005-06-16 10:57:43 UTC

I am Daniel Devadoss joining your group, and i am working in Trans
World Radio - India.

I desperately need help. If anyone of you could help me out it will be
great.
I used the RASDIAL95 command in the dos prompt to connect to the
internet using my vsnl account. It connected without any problem.

The command used was
rasdial95 "VSNL" ***@vsnl.net far2003 /retrycount = 3

After connecting when I use POSTIE command to send email I get an error
message
Could not send: error=-1

The command used was
postie -host:smtp.vsnl.com -to:***@hotmail.com
-from:***@vsnl.net -s:"Subject" -msg:"Message content"
-a:filename.doc

Please help me out

Thanks
Dani
Phil Robyn
2005-06-16 15:24:25 UTC
Post by Dani-in-google
Hi,
I am Daniel Devadoss joining your group, and i am working in Trans
World Radio - India.
I desperately need help. If anyone of you could help me out it will be
great.
I used the RASDIAL95 command in the dos prompt to connect to the
internet using my vsnl account. It connected without any problem.
The command used was
After connecting when I use POSTIE command to send email I get an error
message
Could not send: error=-1
The command used was
-a:filename.doc
Please help me out
Thanks
Dani
The mail server smtp.vsnl.com requires SMTP authentication. So the
question is: does Postie support SMTP authentication? Check the
Postie manual for the proper syntax. Or you could try MailSend
(shareware) by Jim Lawless instead.
--
Phil Robyn
Univ. of California, Berkeley

u n z i p m y a d d r e s s t o s e n d e - m a i l
Dani-in-google
2005-06-17 10:56:54 UTC
Hi Phil Robyn,
Thanks for the reply.
Can you please give the syntax of mailsend (shareware) I will try them
out.

Thanks
Dani
Post by Phil Robyn
Hi,
Phil Robyn
2005-06-17 18:45:35 UTC
Post by Dani-in-google
Hi Phil Robyn,
Thanks for the reply.
Can you please give the syntax of mailsend (shareware) I will try them
out.
http://www.mailsend-online.com/
Post by Dani-in-google
Thanks
Dani
Post by Phil Robyn
Hi,
Dani-in-google
2005-06-20 05:14:09 UTC
I am not able to see any syntax for Server authentication. I used
Mailsend command and tested still I am not able to send. Again the same
error. Can you help me out little ellaborately. Thanks for your help.

Dani
Post by Phil Robyn
Post by Dani-in-google
Hi Phil Robyn,
Thanks for the reply.
Can you please give the syntax of mailsend (shareware) I will try them
out.
http://www.mailsend-online.com/
Post by Dani-in-google
Thanks
Dani
Post by Phil Robyn
Hi,
Phil Robyn
2005-06-20 06:52:43 UTC
Post by Dani-in-google
I am not able to see any syntax for Server authentication. I used
Mailsend command and tested still I am not able to send. Again the same
error. Can you help me out little ellaborately. Thanks for your help.
Dani
I can attest from personal experience that MailSend (the paid version,
not the free trial download) supports SMTP authentication. I am using
it in an automated output-distribution process every day. Perhaps if
you were a 'paying customer' and contacted Jim Lawless, the author of
MailSend (his e-mail address is ***@radiks.net) and explained your
requirements, I bet he'd be willing to help. He has been extremely
helpful to me on numerous occasions.

Daniel Devadoss
2005-06-21 06:59:49 UTC
Thanks Mr. Phil Robyn I shall do that.

Take care
Dani
Jim Lawless
2005-07-02 13:11:32 UTC
Dani, if you've sent me an e-mail, I'm afraid that I've
missed it. Please contact me at ***@radiks.net ... please
include the word "MailSend" in your subject line so that
I can more easily filter it.

MailSend does indeed support the SMTP authorization, but not
in the version that's publically available. You'll need
version 7.46.

Please contact me at the e-mail address above and I'll
ensure that you find a solution.

Jim Lawless | CMD2EXE Convert batch files to single EXE
***@radiks.net | MailSend Command-line Internet Mailer (SMTP)
http://www.mailsend-online.com - http://www.radiks.net/~jimbo